This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Get your middle splits in 4 weeks

Started by Leigh Kettle, October 29, 2017 · 18 Replies · 594 Views

Leigh Kettle

Well what you reckon to this that I've read in today's paper  guys 

4 weeks ?? 

How can this be written and sold to people is beyond me 

although the headline asks the question rather than a statement when you read the authors comments in the related arctic le she states

"all that's needed is 4 weeks of 3 daily stretches lasting  a few minutes and she promises to deliver the ability to do the splits "

Coach (and in my eyes the best coach in the world ) states 6months to a year to recondition connective tissue . This paper and author of the book they talking about is telling the average joe reading it that a pancake fold and splits can be achieved in four weeks with a few minutes stretching a day. Absolutely scandalous 

 

IMG_5612.JPG

Antonio Alías Montoya

4 years!

Antonio Alías Montoya

At least...

Leo Trinidad

That "may" only work if your body is in perfect balance like a kid. My son is 7 years old and never done a middle split in his whole life and when I let him try, I was absolutely amazed because he was so natural. My only regret is that I didn't start GST when I was younger. B-)

Jin Liu
2 hours ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

4 years!

4 years indeed from (1) to (2)!! 

Although, there IS value in light daily stretches. A little bit every day goes a LONG way. If my current flexibility is any indication, it's all (assuming the gain from GST stretch series is still minimum as I only started 2 months ago) from light & goalless daily stretches, for about 4-5 years. Can't wait to see where the GST stretch series will take me in a couple years :) 

 

Étienne Lajeunesse

I heard some stories about reaching the splits in a little period of time, starting from 0.  Were they real?  Maybe, maybe not.  But are some people more apt to develop things like this more quickly?

Antonio Alías Montoya
4 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:

That "may" only work if your body is in perfect balance like a kid. My son is 7 years old and never done a middle split in his whole life and when I let him try, I was absolutely amazed because he was so natural. My only regret is that I didn't start GST when I was younger. B-)

Unfortunately like some kids. I m PE teacher and when they are 6 or 7 years old they are still pretty flexible in general but I have many 9 or 10 years old who are extremely tight already, specially boys.

Antonio Alías Montoya
3 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

I heard some stories about reaching the splits in a little period of time, starting from 0.  Were they real?  Maybe, maybe not.  But are some people more apt to develop things like this more quickly?

I think that could happen in few scenarios: 1. You are already very close to the split. 2. You are a 6 years old kid. 3. You got your split on your younghood, stopped training and after some years you come back to training.

Alessandro Mainente

I have one client who reached the side split in 4 weeks. well, he is a weightlifting athlete with 240 kg of squat, so complete released hips. problems were located in the mulit-joint adductors like gracilis. he made PNF 4 times a week. those results are possible only in specific cases. in the most general cases, they are a dream.

Coach Sommer

Simply a bold faced lie.  

However many adults are so under educated in terms of physical training and what their bodies are capable of that they have a very difficult time separating fact from fiction; making them extremely gullible and easy prey for trainers of ‘questionable integrity’ (to put in gently!) who value readers over truth and dollars over results.  

It could just as easily have read “Become a jedi in 4 weeks”.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Frank Santasiero
19 hours ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Unfortunately like some kids. I m PE teacher and when they are 6 or 7 years old they are still pretty flexible in general but I have many 9 or 10 years old who are extremely tight already, specially boys.

Very true. Kids can tighten up pretty quickly. My 12 year old son has worse mobility than I do. He is about mid shins on a pike fold and his splits are really bad. However he still does have pretty good shoulder mobility. My 8 year old daughter is still very flexible.

Leigh Kettle

I'm happy to wait 4 years or however long it takes cos with the faith I have in this programme,  I know when I get there it will be a beautiful pancake / middle split 

:)

Ps please will  gymnasticbodies  follow my  Instagram account :D #feelingleftout #dontaskdontget

 

Alessandro Mainente

I got my first very side split recently and you can see on Instagram, now calculate the time form the middle split release until now.

I began bridge work when in 2011 Coach Sommer told me that I was a zombie, I still no have the bridge that I want.

Oussama KHELLADI
On 10/31/2017 at 9:58 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

I got my first very side split recently and you can see on Instagram, now calculate the time form the middle split release until now.

I began bridge work when in 2011 Coach Sommer told me that I was a zombie, I still no have the bridge that I want.

your reply will help us put our feet on the ground XD thank you

out of curiosity what was your additional work during the week beside the one time MSS session ?

Alessandro Mainente
23 minutes ago, Oussama KHELLADI said:

your reply will help us put our feet on the ground XD thank you

out of curiosity what was your additional work during the week beside the one time MSS session ?

well, I have some restriction on the left hips so I tend to do the piriformis variation multiple times a day.

Oussama KHELLADI
On 02/11/2017 at 4:22 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

well, I have some restriction on the left hips so I tend to do the piriformis variation multiple times a day.

 i noticed that after some days of doing MSS the pancake is still there active and passive but  when i try to open straddle(standing can get a little wider) i just open like 90 and inner knee pinchs a little (when i warmup it gets wider) whats the muscle and related stretch to do it daily ?

by the way your fb page and website are precious i appreciate if you can make som videos in english :D

Alessandro Mainente

I think that it is the gracilis. it must be warmed up properly!!! have a cold side split it is one of the goals which requires a lot of time!

Oussama KHELLADI

good to know thank you alex