how much added weight for leg lifts?

Started by aoa, March 23, 2010 · 5 Replies · 7,267 Views

aoa

I used to do hanging leg lifts with 3kg of added weights on each leg, and it was way too easy, now I started doing with 6kg in each leg, and can perform sets of 8-10.

I weight 72kg so dont give me a huge number or ill be sad that im still far away from the pros

:)

John Sapinoso

if you're following the WOD, then add sufficient weight to stay within the given range of reps.

i am 180lbs and i use around 35 lbs when im doing an intense day and around 10-15lbs on a higher volume, less intense day.

jl5555

Along these same lines what weights are people using for HeSRLL? On an everyday workout day I use between 10 and 15lbs. I live in constant fear that the band will possibly snap and the weights will fall where they shouldn't...

Erik Sjolin

For me, I use a 10lb plate secured with an old boy scout belt, and that works just fine.

Neal Winkler

Sometimes I use 250lbs., but sometimes when I am trying I may go up to325lbs.

Is that normal?

Razz

Use whatever makes the prescriped rep range hard FOR YOU. not what everyone else uses; it doesn't matter to you. The weight you move is impressive though, 12kg total for 8-10 reps! Tsoonami damn u :lol: