This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical lunge form feedback

Started by Thomas Nordman, October 27, 2017 · 3 Replies · 98 Views

Thomas Nordman

Hi,

I have problems getting my hip square in the vertical lunge position. It's like the opposite side of the hip (i.e the side that is not stretched) is pushed upward. I've tried adjusting but I can't improve it much. Is it just a matter of being too tight in the quads to allow a square position? The stretch in the quads is intense and feels right. Should I just continue to stretch likes this?

IMG_9070.thumb.PNG.14694b8eb92242c039e81adcb6ab8536.PNGIMG_9071.thumb.PNG.7a85e66b0c6d957166177f67cd2f2cc3.PNGIMG_9072.thumb.PNG.d82bcfbbe26e0af9266c8faa517329c2.PNG

 

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Thomas, I recommend you the second photo, so heel on the butt and not outside. if you move it outside you will take off some stretch from the quad. remember to keep t PPT.

Thomas Nordman

Ok, understood @Alessandro Mainente. So by just keep stretching the quads I will eventually be able to become more square in the hips (from increased ROM)?

Alessandro Mainente

Absolutely.