This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pe1 im

Started by Valerie Morwood, October 27, 2017 · 12 Replies · 146 Views

Valerie Morwood

What is considered mastery for mobility?

this where I'm at right now.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Valerie, passing the hands weight it is ok BUT for GST optimal development, you should to OPTIMAL range of motion and not AT LEAST, then I suggest reaching the horizontal position with the body.

Michael Vetter

@Alessandro Mainente is that shown in the video? Doesnt look horzontal to me! Good to know! Anything else that is different than in the video?

Alessandro Mainente

The course video shows the exercise execution and not always the standard that you need to achieve.

Michael Vetter

Good to know, thank you.

I bought Hs2 today, and tried the exercise for the first time.

 

Quite an awkward feeling I have to say. I wonder: what exactly do we develop with this iM?

Mikey Cunanan
37 minutes ago, Michael Vetter said:

Good to know, thank you.

I bought Hs2 today, and tried the exercise for the first time.

 

Quite an awkward feeling I have to say. I wonder: what exactly do we develop with this iM?

Michael, 

It's definitely a scary feeling at first but this position closely mimics the compressed core you need to do a press handstand. Not only will you actively stretch your entire posterior chain to its full length, you will also build strength and control in this position.

Michael Vetter

Got some time to record PE1 and its iM, can somebody please review? :)

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Michael,

It looks like you're doing a good job. On your PE, rather than pressing your shoulders open as far as possible focus on pushing tall in your handstand position. Doing so will prepare you for more advanced press work.

On your iM remember to keep your knees straight throughout your set. When you are ready, try to move your feet and hands closer together so that there are fewer rungs between your hands and feet.

Étienne Lajeunesse
41 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Michael,

It looks like you're doing a good job. On your PE, rather than pressing your shoulders open as far as possible focus on pushing tall in your handstand position. Doing so will prepare you for more advanced press work.

Do we have to keep a straight line from hands to hips instead of going in over flexion?

Michael Vetter

 

Thanks Jeffrey!

56 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

On your PE, rather than pressing your shoulders open as far as possible focus on pushing tall in your handstand position. Doing so will prepare you for more advanced press work.

So I should press them open less (but still a bit), and shrug my shoulders to my ears?

Do I understand 'pushing tall' right here? :)

Michael Vetter

I have to say, doing the iM I heavily feel that my grip strength is working :)

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Michael,

What @Étienne Lajeunesse suggested is correct. Rather than stretching the shoulders during this exercise, try to imitate a handstand position by shrugging your shoulders to your ears. If you would like to stretch the shoulders like you are currently as a separate set, you are welcome to do so as it will help you to open the shoulders completely during your handstand.

Michael Vetter

Thanks for the corrections guys!