And last formcheck for the day ... from me ;-)
thank you
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Petra Kmecová, October 27, 2017 · 11 Replies · 156 Views
And last formcheck for the day ... from me ;-)
thank you
Hey Petra,
Keep working on improving protraction. I like to think about getting the center of of my chest as far away from the ground as possible. Thinking of something similar might help you as well.
Hello,
I reached mastery volume on this exercise. This is my first session with this volume and here are last 2 sets. How is it looking?
I plan to stay on this step till the end of november (4 sesssions) and then progress, perhaps ...
Hi @Petra Kmecová,
Try to do both exercise and mobility a bit slower. For the shrugs, keep improving on the protraction as Jeffrey said and try not to roll your shoulders forward as you shrug down. Keep working on it.
Thank you @Leo Trinidad. I’ll keep your point in mind during my next sessions.
Hi @Leo Trinidad,
I’ve worked on your tips from previous formcheck and would like to hear your opinion :-).
- I really really focus on strong PPT because that seems to be my weakness (on other pe’s as well).
- I’m trying to protract more evidently
- I slowed tempo on both PE and iM
- and I’m not sure about that “róling shoulders” tip ... am i shrugging them too close to my ears?
thanks
Hi @Petra Kmecová,
Good job on both PE and iM and continue working on refining them. Nice PPT correction but there is still a small arch in the lower back. Yes avoid rolling your shoulders towards your ears and as you shrug down make sure to pull your shoulders back (depress the scaps).
Thanks @Leo Trinidad. I’ll keep on keeping on ... :-)
Hi @Jeffrey Bittnerand @Leo Trinidad, I’ve been putting pieces together for this exercise (and for incline push ups as well) ... here is the video of me trying to protract as much as I can, because after rewatching some of my older videos and instructional videos I realized that I was not focusing enough on protracting fully. I am also focusing on depressing shoulder to prevent rolling them forward.
How does the protraction looks? It is my last set and it’s after hbp, so I’m pretty tired and those last reps are real struggle.
And while I still keep refining PE1 on mastery volume, I played a bit with forearm plank and wonder if this static protraction is OK? ....
thanks a lot
Hi @Petra Kmecová,
Protraction is a lot better!
now work on that PPT. (0:09 is what you are aiming for PPT)
Aaaah, that PPT ... one of those days, one of those days :-)
Happy holidays everyone,
I’m happy that I managed to stay constistent with my workouts over the xmas. Here is my last set of scapshrugs. How is it looking?
Would it be OK to move on? I’ve been refining this exercise on mastery volume for long time and I feel like my ppt and protraction can benefit from static holds in next progressions. I’ll keep set or two of PE1in my pre-element warm up.
Thanks a lot