This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Multiple Stretch Series in a day.

Started by Daniel Kiely, October 27, 2017 · 10 Replies · 266 Views

Daniel Kiely

Would it ever be ok to do two of the series together in one session?

Obviously I dont mean Front and Middle Split together but Thoracic Bridge and one of the two leg ones?

Sorry if this has been asked previously as well, I was unable to find elsewhere.

Thanks

Dan

Antonio Alías Montoya

I think is ok Daniel. I think Front Split an Thoracic Bridge match better if I d had to choose.

Leigh Kettle

Hey daniel

i currently do front and middle split the same day after my Lower body session 

my thinking was that way I'm working my lower body then stretching it and then letting it recover all together 

hoping this is ok with the coaches tho :o

 

Daniel Kiely

Cheers for your responses guys. 

Leigh I will be interested to see if any of the coaches have an opinion on that as well. I can understand your reasoning for sure. 

Dan

Leo Trinidad

Hi Guys,

I believe that Everett does all the Stretch Courses in a single day. I can only do Front Split and Middle Split at the same day because of time constraints. Yes you can do your stretch courses in a single day. :)

Jin Liu
6 minutes ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi Guys,

I believe that Everett does all the Stretch Courses in a single day. I can only do Front Split and Middle Split at the same day because of time constraints. Yes you can do your stretch courses in a single day. :)

I'm in awe. Forget time constraint, I don't think I can physically do two leg stretch series back to back. My legs can shake for hours, in certain ranges, after either the front split or middle split. If I do both back to back, I probably won't be able to go up or down the stairs at all, or even walk. Maybe I'm still too new to the stretch series (2 months in), and maybe I'm pushing myself too hard. But I see gainz :) 

Antonio Alías Montoya

It would happen to me the same than Jin. FS and MS together means extremely hamstrings soreness next days. So the best Daniel is that you try to match and see how you feel and how s your recovery. You can do MS with FS, FS with TB or MS with TB. Match and play! Or do like Everett, more than 2 hours of strecht, hahaha!

Daniel Kiely

Wow all in one day! 

Good to know that the different series are somewhat symbiotic, I will have a shot at it this week see how my body holds up.

Thanks for the replies.

John Kiggundu
On October 27, 2017 at 1:26 AM, Daniel Kiely said:

Would it ever be ok to do two of the series together in one session?

Obviously I dont mean Front and Middle Split together but Thoracic Bridge and one of the two leg ones?

Sorry if this has been asked previously as well, I was unable to find elsewhere.

Thanks

Dan

@Daniel Kiely I don't see any value in doing this long-term unless you are severely hampered by time or proximity to a facility, etc. Either the quality of the workouts will decline over time, or the recovery might not be as robust. It might work for a while in the short-term, but in the long-term it'll become the tale of the dog that chased its own tail.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Until the exercise are perfectly executed the best solution it is one stretch series at a time. you can not risk to the decreasethe quality of the work due to the fatigue.

Daniel Kiely
On 02/11/2017 at 11:12 AM, John Kiggundu said:

@Daniel Kiely  unless you are severely hampered by time

 

Got to make the most of every session. I have to choose which ones to leave out for the week when I don't have the time for all of them on different days.