This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE 9 - Form Checkkkkkk

Started by Ezra Richardson, October 26, 2017 · 9 Replies · 105 Views

Ezra Richardson

Hi All! 

I'm hoping for some feedback on the wall-HS here, si t'il-plaît ! Merci beaucoup!!

** Also with respect to my current place in the programs, does it make sense to buy into H2 at this point? **

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Ezra, you are leaning on the wall in fact if you take off the legs of support you will fall on the wall. the idea is to feel the weight on the hands and hands, shoulders and hips aligned. 

Ezra Richardson

@Alessandro Mainente ok, thank you!! If I understand correctly, I should be aiming to balance free of the wall eg. take feet off the wall?  

 

Ezra Richardson

@Alessandro Mainente would this be considered better form

 

Alessandro Mainente

NO, you are leaning on the wall, if I take off the wall with a magic stick probably you will fall on the floor.. as stated above you must able to trace a single vertical line from wrists up to hips.

also, I believe that your hands are too far, wrists must be placed something like 12-15 cm from the wall.

 

hs gb.png

Ezra Richardson

@Alessandro Mainente okk! I understand, and thank you for the clarity. I will use the wall as guidance, but be sure to stack wrists and hips.

I am also curious as to why the demonstration video does not show this?

Jennifer Marie

The closer you can get your hands to the wall, the more you will have to rely on stacking appropriately.

It was very eye-opening the first time I moved my wrist to within a couple of inches of the wall. I went from thinking I was so close to a free-standing handstand to realizing just how far I had to go to find that perfect center of balance. I also felt way stronger, too, because that alignment is more efficient.

 

Ezra Richardson
48 minutes ago, Jennifer Marie said:

The closer you can get your hands to the wall, the more you will have to rely on stacking appropriately.

It was very eye-opening the first time I moved my wrist to within a couple of inches of the wall. I went from thinking I was so close to a free-standing handstand to realizing just how far I had to go to find that perfect center of balance. I also felt way stronger, too, because that alignment is more efficient.

 

Thank you for the comment!! Ok, so to be absolutely clear, I am ok to touch the wall, I just need to be much closer to it? 

Benjamin Haas

I think that there has to be contact with the wall.

The first focus point for this exercise is: Feel the chest and upper thighs in contact with the wall. 

To make that contact happen AND have your hips over your wrists, your hands will need to be very close to the wall.

Jennifer Marie
4 hours ago, Ezra Richardson said:

Thank you for the comment!! Ok, so to be absolutely clear, I am ok to touch the wall, I just need to be much closer to it? 

Yes, okay to touch the wall, as long as your line is stacked and vertical (even expected at this PE). For a different visual, my local coach calls this exercise "nose and toes" to the wall.