Not sure about the hand width on the tripod. I think my shoulder flexion needs a lot of work.
Any help is appreciated.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by David Laemers, October 26, 2017 · 6 Replies · 74 Views
Not sure about the hand width on the tripod. I think my shoulder flexion needs a lot of work.
Any help is appreciated.
Hi David,
Nice work on your tripod. Your hand width looks good, but you need to bring your hands closer to your head. The hands should be placed directly underneath the elbows.
I recommend mastering your iM with and unweighted bar before adding weight. First, work on opening the shoulders to 180 degrees with your hands as close together as you are able. Then work on bringing your hands closer together until they are shoulder width apart. Once you are able to do both of these things simultaneously it will be time to add weight. As you hold this position, avoid sticking your head forward. Try to keep it in a neutral position.
You're doing a good job, keep it up!
Great thanks. I will work on the vertical forearm position and the unweighted iM.
Here is my updated tripod. My hands look underneath my elbows now. Should I also be working towards more vertical shins by getting my hips more vertical? As I try to do this I feel like too much weight is being distributed to my head vs my hands.
The iM is where I am struggling the most. Let me know if this is a good starting place.
I would like to focus on both my shoulder flexion and extension as I feel these are what will keep me from progressing in HS for at least 3-6 months (too much desk patrol as they say).
Here is my plan, any feedback or additions are appreciated:
- Continue with each Foundation workout and Stretch series once per week as prescribed.
- Continue with Daily Limber from Fundamentals.
- Extend the Daily Limber to include reach underneath, supine trap strech, inverted cat, HS PE1 iM and HS PE2 iM (unweighted).
- After a few more weeks add a second HS workout to every second week
HI David, i feel the necessity to see your IM from the back, without clothes if possible.
here it is. I narrowed my grip slightly part way through to see the difference.
Hey David,
It looks like you can get your hands even closer together while still opening the shoulders to 180 degrees. Try to find the spot where your hands are as close together as you can get them while still being able to open the shoulders completely.