Hi coaches,
How is it going?
I'm having trouble following the tempo of the videos for FL PE2, its too fast. I filmed 3 videos with 3 different paces. Which one could be good the speed to keep (or is there one?)
1 -
2-
3-
Thanks a lot ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, October 25, 2017 · 8 Replies · 151 Views
Hi coaches,
How is it going?
I'm having trouble following the tempo of the videos for FL PE2, its too fast. I filmed 3 videos with 3 different paces. Which one could be good the speed to keep (or is there one?)
1 -
2-
3-
Thanks a lot ![]()
Can someone help me please?
My recommendation (as a no coach) is to don t follow the follow along videos. Execution is usually poor and too fast in some cases.
24 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:My recommendation (as a no coach) is to don t follow the follow along videos. Execution is usually poor and too fast in some cases.
Hi Antonio,
Thanks for your reply!
I know that the forms in the videos are not the recommended ones. However, I always read to follow the tempo.
So your saying the tempo is always too fast? That would help in some ways not following it.
I still want to know the view of a coach on this.
Thanks a lot ![]()
1 hour ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:Hi Antonio,
Thanks for your reply!
I know that the forms in the videos are not the recommended ones. However, I always read to follow the tempo.
So your saying the tempo is always too fast? That would help in some ways not following it.
I still want to know the view of a coach on this.
Thanks a lot
I haven t watched all the follow along so I can t say it s always too fast. And of course wait for a coach answer. Good luck with this, i m still at the end of pe1!
Don't be too concerned with speed until it comes time to test mastery. Tempo matters, but tempo or speed so to speak comes with time. Focus on getting your reps in with good form. Either drop down the reps and go faster to match tempo with good form or, build to mastery reps and build up speed later. The stronger you are the easier it is to go fast, because it's inconsequential to you by that point. But if you're still developing the strength, then speed is harder to do.
I haven't done this for a while now, and I should refresh myself. I remember that if I really tense up the core as well as the rest of the body, to the point that I even feel tension on my finger tips, I can rock much faster and still maintain a good bodyline. Although the tension makes you tired fast, but you eventually build up to it. You also build up more control. At the end, it won't be too much of an effort to keep the necessary tension.
Hey guys, those are good ideas, I'll try them up!
I'm curious, how long did it take you to master them?
@Ronnicky Roy@Jin Liu
@Étienne Lajeunesse The tucked versions didn't take me very long. It's the full body rock that took me a while, maybe several months. It was then when I realized my default body tension was not enough. So I squeezed harder, and found the tempo that worked for me and stuck to it. Surprisingly it didn't take too long to get used to that. From there strive to add a few more reps every single time. I continue to learn the importance of body tension in all the subsequent elements. Progressively, you'll find more and more body tension is needed as you advance through the FL series. So squeeeeze those 6 packs now, and the lats, the glutes, the quads, the fingers and the toes!