Budget Stall Bars

Started by Tim Newsome, October 24, 2017 · 4 Replies · 2,722 Views

Tim Newsome

After browsing this forum and the Internet (the "DIY Double Stall Bars - Completed with PICS" thread here was especially helpful), I finally went and built my own. I shared some build comments and pictures at http://www.casualhacker.net/making/2017/10/05/Budget_Stall_Bars/. (If only building flexibility was so easy...)

Tim

Tanya Hill

Hi Tim, 

Thank you for sharing your "How to!" They look great. :) 

Nick Murray

I loved the drill setup! You must be an engineer!

What are the blue things on the ends of the dowels?

Rayne-William Fitzgerald
55 minutes ago, Nick Murray said:

What are the blue things on the ends of the dowels?

It is "Painter's tape" and it is most likely there to keep the dowel rods from spinning.

Tim Newsome
On 10/25/2017 at 6:00 PM, Nick Murray said:

I loved the drill setup! You must be an engineer!

What are the blue things on the ends of the dowels?

While I am an engineer, my day job involves manipulating things that aren't real.

The blue stuff is indeed painter's tape (aka blue tape), but it's on there in the last picture because I was painting the sides with polyurethane. I left the dowels unfinished to avoid blisters. After painting (you can't really tell that it's done at all in the pictures) I removed it, to end up with the setup in the first picture.

Tim