Hello,
Is there a recommended protocol (Foundation / Stretch Series) for dealing with minor injuries/pain?
Personally about a month ago I must have managed to injure my upper right hamstring. I'm not entirely certain from what since I didn't feel any sudden discomfort that I can remember. My best guess may be from a pull through perhaps? However in certain straddled positions I can still definitely feel tightness and pain in my upper hamstring. It seems very isolated and specific.
So the general question is how to proceed with training? Since it's been around for so long I'm going to be seeking outside professional help, but is it just a general rule of thumb if it causes pain, don't do it at all? Or are the stretch series or any of the foundation series actually beneficial to rehab and the motions should be done anyway even with some pain? Or is it case by case specific?
Thanks for your time,
- Eric