This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Enjoying this course

Started by Christian Nogueira, October 21, 2017 · 14 Replies · 338 Views

Christian Nogueira

Just wanted to share how I'm liking this course (and the way it plays nicely with the rest of the GB curricula).

A few weeks ago I've managed to a crap press, here's an example:

I know there are a gazillion technical errors with this, between the excessive planching and bent legs and end position in the HS and less than smooth negative. The point is, I'm only at pHS PE7, so I'm not working press seriously yet, this was just play after a Movement session. So trust the process guys ;). 

Pauline Taube

Hi Christian,

Congratulations, awesome work! You can always refine your skills, but you have gained an incredible amount of strength already. 

Happy to hear that you are enjoying the courses. Keep on sharing your progress with us :D 

Christian Nogueira

Just kinda botched the HS balance here:

And here the negative was kinda bad: 

 

and ideal place to play with these might be right after Middle Split Stretch because compression is better after doing that session.

 

 

Kai Ewert

except for the state that my nervous system is in after the MSp series lol ...

Congrats on your first presses! 

Christian Nogueira

Just a little one from today:

 

Kai Ewert

getting cleaner...

 

Christian Nogueira

Playing with HS presses, reinforces the notion of how they are built on the basics of H1 and H2. Still playing, but main work is the drills from the courses. In any case I tried this today. Goddamn if the description of Coach "this is what the upper back is for" isn't right for the pike press. I didn't even have strength to hold to HS.

 

Christian Nogueira

After today's training H1 and H2, played a bit with presses again :)

 

and finally one rep of

 

Now if I could just remember the toes :D.

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Christian Nogueira,

Congratulations! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more of your progress. :)

Christian Nogueira

Just wanted to share this from a few weeks ago :).

 

Christian Nogueira

This weekend I just unlocked the ability to do 2 in a row (now if only I'd remember the toes...)

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Christian,

Looking good man. Make sure to work on your mobility and compression. This will make the presshandstand easier.

Christian Nogueira

Been able to refine my presses and really happy with them now.

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Strength is here, now technical problems come. when you lift the toes at 8 seconds you should hold this position and move the shoulder back in place over the wrists, then slowly reduce the compressing.

Christian Nogueira
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Strength is here, now technical problems come. when you lift the toes at 8 seconds you should hold this position and move the shoulder back in place over the wrists, then slowly reduce the compressing.

Yeah, this is something I notice that on some attempts the end line in the Handstand ends up with a little planche, compared to my normal HS line from kicking up. I still need to work a bit on active straddle compression as I still have some difficulty with straddle L. In my regular H2 work I'm at the half press negative down to straddle L and it's tough :). I know my pancake is good enough, it's really a matter of active compression so I have been adding some work in that area but it takes it's time :).