This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GymnasticBodies power

Started by Nuno Duarte, October 21, 2017 · 10 Replies · 641 Views

Nuno Duarte

Hello to everyone!

I am submitting this video because I feel inspired every time a  fellow GB student writes about their progress and I thought that maybe I do the same.

I am still working the Foundation and Handstand courses, and I am not very advanced, witch means that I never work more advanced moves like muscle-ups or rope climbs.

Today I tried to do a "slow" muscle-up on the bar after not attempt it for more than over a year ( and not come even closer to do it) and this is the video of me doing it.

Last August I went to Forma to train for a week, where I had the chance to try to climb a rope for the first time in my entire life and I climbed it. I got a 6 meters rope and i can climb it to the top. Are these movements perfect? No. But it is something that one year ago I could only dream to achieve and thanks to GymnasticBodies, now I know that with hard work I can achieve them.

I just want to say that even if you are in the early movements of the courses, you are creating an amazing amount of preparation.

I want to say thank you to Coach Sommer , and to all the GB Coaches for the help that they give over and over again.

All the best,

Nuno Duarte

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome progress, Nuno! Thanks for sharing with us!

Leo Trinidad

awesome work @Nuno Duarte:)

Luke Searra

Well done Nuno!

Tobias Karlsson

Very nice!!!

Leonhard Krahé

Awesome!

 

Btw, I really like the pullup bar. Is it diy ?

Nuno Duarte

@Leonhard Krahé yes it is! :)

Nuno Duarte

Hi again!

Today at the end of my practice I tried a SLS, a movement that seemed impossible to me one year ago ( terrible ankle mobility).

I also did not try to do this element for over a year and now it starts to seem possible.

In the last few months I have experienced a great improvement on mobility and overall strength and I am sure that attending the seminar last summer in Forma is directly related to this. :)

So, again, thank you all for your help! Couldn't be more excited!!

All the best,

Nuno Duarte.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Super cool, Nuno! Keep up the good work!

Nuno Duarte

Hello to everyone!

Just wanted to share some handstand progress. For me handstand is one of the most hard things to improve, since i started with terrible mobility. But finally, i think i am on the right track :). One of the things i have been doing is mobility, mobility and more mobility:D.I don't have a before picture but it was pretty bad... I know this is far from perfect but i think that seeing progress can be very motivational ( even if i am not the one progressing). Thanks to the coaches, and to everyone in the forum for the help you give me.

Have a great year and great practices!!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice improvements Nuno, the mobility work pays off. now keep it in your training because your shoulder can be more open and do not bend your knees during the beginning phase.