This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Manna, PE2

Started by Maurice Peerani, October 20, 2017 · 10 Replies · 245 Views

Maurice Peerani

I'm currently doing 5x3 with these. My J. Curls are with 20 lb. dumbbells & those are done quite comfortably.

My question is that is there any other supplemental mobility work y'all may recommend so that I may be able to bring my legs up higher towards my face, i.e. better pike position (hopefully I used this term correctly)?

I guess I'm hesitating on progressing with my workouts until my pike looks/move better. I'm pretty stuck as you can see!

Appreciate y'all for all that you do & have done to guide me, thus far.
 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Maurice, if you have mastered correctly the range of motion of IM1 , you should not have problem here, can I see your IM1?

Maurice Peerani

Most certainly!  I don't believe I have my left foot as adjacent as it normally is, but these aren't a struggle with me to perform at all.  

Thoughts?

 

Ronnicky Roy

You want to drop back down to PE1 to clean up that mobility. I couldn't see if your legs remained completely locked through the entire movement, but the upperbody portion needs to have more torso twist and holding the weight more stacked in the movement. Part of this exercise in my view is if you're still losing balance, then you're not ready to move on. When your body is opened up enough this should feel really stable.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Maurice, in the deepest position the vertical leg seems to be a little bit bent. you need to hold the knee locked.

Maurice Peerani

Thanks guys.  Probably not the best video as I was amidst doing some garage clean-up w/a couple drinks already in me, but locking my knees isn't the issue.  I'm pretty anal in this coursework with making sure I'm progressing with ease & not just on paper with completed (& sometimes struggled sets). 

But if I need to scale back my mobility & do both (the J. Curls have just helped tremendously with my spinal issues...still working on my cervicothoracic area, too), then I'll do that, too.  

I'll see if I can get a better & non-tainted video so that my legs are better visible.  Stay tuned & thank y'all, thus far! 

Maurice Peerani

Here we go. Everything was stiff as board on this go-around.  Should I just stick with these while doing my PE2s?

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Maurice! Including this mobility exercise as part of your warm up is a great idea.

Ronnicky Roy

Muuuuch better. Thanks for the repost. Looks pretty good. For sure keep them in your warmup tho, just to sharpen it up over time. You can always make the arm straighter and the hip kick out to the side less over time with this one. But your range of motion is good. I imagine, when this no longer feels like a deep deep stretch is when J-curls will be far easier for you. The windmills i've noticed are more about getting the back of your legs mobile enough to bend down to 90 degree hip hinge cold, without feeling like a stretch, so when you come into J-curls you're not trying to compensate. Do some achilles streching as well and that should make life easier for both mobility exercises.

Antonio Alías Montoya
On 25/10/2017 at 9:27 PM, Ronnicky Roy said:

 The windmills i've noticed are more about getting the back of your legs mobile enough to bend down to 90 degree hip hinge cold, without feeling like a stretch, so when you come into J-curls you're not trying to compensate.

I arrived exactly to the same conclusion. That s the reason I don t feel good doing unweighted j curls, because I can bend down around 130 angle degree with apt. Windmills are a super deep strecht for me with just 5 pounds.

Ronnicky Roy
6 hours ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

I arrived exactly to the same conclusion. That s the reason I don t feel good doing unweighted j curls, because I can bend down around 130 angle degree with apt. Windmills are a super deep strecht for me with just 5 pounds.

Yea, I dropped back down to iron this one out. Been doing mastery sets for weeks lol. Just bumping up the weight and maintaining form. 10 pounds for two sets, then by the third set I'll need 15 pounds to continue feeling the stretch.