This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Getting Re-started

Started by Kathryn Merriam, October 19, 2017 · 3 Replies · 141 Views

Kathryn Merriam

I was doing  the Foundations program, and then stopped for about six months. I tried to begin again, and got terribly sore after one workout. Should I go back to the very beginning, to the Fundamentals program?  Or just go back to where I am comfortable?  I'm not an athlete, and never have been. I'm 66 years old, female, and find this quite challenging.  I want to gain strength and stamina because I like to scuba dive. 

Pauline Taube

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome back!

I recommend to begin with Foundation One from the beginning. Your workout scheduler will automatically move you forward according to your level. I also suggest to keep doing the daily limber from Fundamentals. This is a great way to warm up before your Foundation workout as well!

Feel free to submit videos of your training to get further assistance. We'd love to follow your training and help you improve your GST :D 

Kathryn Merriam

Hello again, I have been more consistent and working through Foundation One at my pace. I'm now doing the daily limber, followed by either Core or Upper Body and Lower Body workouts twice a week. I'm feeling more confident that I have the form right and it's feeling better each time. I look forward to the workouts now because I remember how good I feel afterwards. 

Pauline Taube

That's awesome to hear, Kathryn! Feel free to share videos of your training :) 

Keep up the consistent work!