This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Which stretch series to combine with Foundation One?

Started by Matthew Kelly, October 19, 2017 · 8 Replies · 264 Views

Matthew Kelly

Hi,

I've been training Foundation One for over a year now and I've discovered that I have extremely tight hamstrings making it very difficult for me to do some of the exercises (swivel hips for instance which I've been stuck on for over a year). Prior to GST, I was doing basic barbell training (squat, deadlift etc) which I assume is why my hamstrings are so tight. I've only got time to commit to one stretch series, which one would be the most beneficial to address my deficiencies?

Thanks for your help!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Matthew,

The Front Split course is great for improving hip and hamstring flexibility.

Jon Douglas

Front split is my favourite :)

Matthew Kelly

Front Split it is then, thanks guys!

Alessandro Mainente

The first goal for an adult it is the restoring of the posterior chain. 

so front split, first.

Sean Schade

I’m currently 4 months into F1. After my first month I realized how poor my mobility was in every aspect of my body, and it was holding me back. I purchased all three, and try and do each one once a week. I think the stretch series has been more beneficial for me and my quality of life so far. 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Sean Schade said:

I’m currently 4 months into F1. After my first month I realized how poor my mobility was in every aspect of my body, and it was holding me back. I purchased all three, and try and do each one once a week. I think the stretch series has been more beneficial for me and my quality of life so far. 

it makes sense! I think that the stretch series have the best benefits on your life, posture FIRST , then physical performance!

Michael Vetter

I got all the Stretch series when I got F1.

I think it's the best thing I bought in a looong time.

 

Helps me so much to get healthy.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

For anyone still trying to decide on whether or not to get the stretch courses.
1. From the course material: Fitness: Introduction- Integrated Mobility (with emphasis added)

Quote

Integrated Mobility

The most prevalent issue that I have discovered in teaching GST to the adult fitness population these last 6 years has been an extreme deficit of physical mobility; especially in those individuals whose work requires a lot of time spent at a desk. In some cases this lack of mobility has been so extreme that it bordered on the pathological.

To combat this tendency of trying to avoid mobility work at all cost amongst the adult GB GST students, an Integrated Mobility exercise has now been paired with each and every one of the preparatory and specific element exercises throughout the GB Courses.

For example within Foundation Series:

- FL Integrated Mobility focuses on the development of the gymnastic bridge.
- sPL Integrated Mobility focuses on the development of medial glute and hip strength.
- SL Integrated Mobility focuses on the development of oblique flexibility.
- MN Integrated Mobility focuses on the development of the gymnastics pike position
- SLS Integrated Mobility focuses on knee mobility and hamstring strength.
- HBP Integrated Mobility focuses on basic mobility of the shoulder girdle
- RC Integrated Mobility focuses on basic mobility of the lats.


Do not follow a programming template for integrated mobility. As integrated mobility is to be performed as recovery in between working sets, simply perform the same number of mobility sets as you performed for the working sets.

2. The stretch courses are there for those that need or want the additional specific mobility training beyond what is in the course material.