Steady State Cycle question

Started by Yannik Bäurle, October 18, 2017 · 4 Replies · 2,677 Views

Yannik Bäurle

Hello community,

i train FL, BL and Planche progressions two times per week instead of 3-4 times like in the description of a steady state cycle from Coach Sommer. Should my cycles last 8-12 weeks or longer?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Yannik, the steady state cycle it is something useful for a more advanced athlete. the linear programming for the first 1-2 years of work, that means achieving planche and front level it is by far more useful.

Yannik Bäurle

I guess your're right Alessandro. However, i want my joints to adapt fully. I want to go the safe way, i still want to do Planches and  Frontlevers in my later years, pain free. Know what i mean?

Alessandro Mainente

I understand but the linear programming for a beginner it is much more useful because it works perfectly in respect of joint adaptations.

Yannik Bäurle

Ok cool, i didnt know.  When should i switch to steady state?

Should i do a steady state cycle of for example 14 - 21 weeks when training two times per week?