This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

STARTING WEIGHT FOR STANDING OBLIQUE STRETCH

Started by JAY ROACH, October 18, 2017 · 4 Replies · 167 Views

JAY ROACH

Was is the suggested starting weight for the standing oblique stretch?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @JAY ROACH,

It depends on the person but your goal is do it with 5lbs. When I started, I did it without weight. I hope this helps.

Greg White
On 18/10/2017 at 10:18 AM, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @JAY ROACH,

It depends on the person but your goal is do it with 5lbs. When I started, I did it without weight. I hope this helps.

Hi Leo.

Is the goal weigh 5lbs to start with? I've never really considered a weight for this, just whatever felt comfortable so Ive always used a 10kg (22lb) weight and not bothered to increase it.

Cheers

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Greg White,

Yes the goal to start with is 5lbs. Mobility Focus points: Use a moderate weight; the point is to stretch the obliques, not to make a maximum effort. :)

Stephen Desrosiers

Hi @JAY ROACH,

I first tried it with a 10lb weight and that's what I've kept it at as it's a comfortable stretch without feeling too heavy. As @Leo Trinidad said, it's good to start with 5lbs and go from there. Always better to start conservative IMO. :)

Stephen