This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Evaluating form

Started by Benjamin Steinfeld, October 17, 2017 · 1 Replies · 47 Views

Benjamin Steinfeld

Hi guys,

After finishing day two I noticed a few shortcomings in my form like needing to get my hips higher in crab, not being able to keep my feet flat on floor in rear support, and not being able to get my elbows to touch the ground while my arms are straight in supine (needed to bend them to nearly 90 degree angles before I could touch them to the floor).  I understand that the purpose of the fundamentals program is to become aware of what we have shortcomings in and will need to work on, so from that perspective it has been valuable.  Now I know I have limited ankle flexibility, tight pecs, and less than ideal shoulder mobility.

My main question though is while the other movements seem ok, should I really be evaluating myself?  Would it benefit me to say have my wife watch what the form is supposed to look like and then how I am doing it?  I may think I am doing something correct and be completely off.  Or is this more of a use your best judgement kind of situation?  Should someone who isn't familiar with GST ever be asked to watch something?

Alessandro Mainente

HI Benjamin you can, of course, ask for some assistance if needed. Also, take note of your limitations so that you have a clear idea of where you have to look after fundamentals.