This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Assessment strategy options after 2 yrs of non GB GST training?

Started by Matthew Musgrave, October 17, 2017 · 1 Replies · 90 Views

Matthew Musgrave

Hi GB Community,

My name is Matt from Canberra, Australia. 

I purchased my GB Foundations and Handstand courses approximately 2/2.5 years ago and did not actually commence either of the programs. 

Instead, I have been training at a small gymnastics gym (Strength and Mobility Australia) with a coach that has completed GB seminars and is very familiar with Coach Sommers' practices and principles (she originally got me onto the courses). I've been there for roughly 2.5 years on a weekly or twice-weekly basis. Mostly group classes but also 20 weeks of one-on-one coaching in GST and mobility.

I've logged back into GB portal yesterday and have decided to actually commence the F1 and HS courses that I purchased so long ago.

However, I don't want to start from scratch as I know I've trained a significant amount the movements over the last few years with my coach. 

I now have the opportunity for my coach to go through the assessment for each movement and ascertain exactly what level she thinks I'm at for each. However I'm not 100% sure how to tackle the assessment with her. I've got a session with her tonight and I'll ask when I'm there but thought I'd throw it out to the community here as well.

  • Would you go through every single rep of every single movement?
  • Would you start at the exercises that you regularly do in your sessions?
  • Would you try the harder movements to see if you can do them and move backwards from there if unsuccessful?
  • Any other ideas haha.

It's a weird question, I know. I just think after two years of GST training that I'm confident and capable of moving through these progressions quite quickly and would love to potentially start the F2 course sooner rather than later.

All feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Matthew, you can go in the dashboard, from the fitness menù select course library. from here you should see the mastery requirements. you can test yourself on the mastery on both mobility and video. submit a form check and let us decide if you can move forward. If you have trained under GB approved coach you should be able to pass the mastery with no problems.