This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

cannot do stiff bear at all

Started by Chris Wong, October 17, 2017 · 4 Replies · 134 Views

Chris Wong

Hi there,

I am a beginner, 41 year old. My whole body is very tight and lack of flexibility. I cannot do the "Stiff bear" exercise at all. Any suggestion? and usually when should i expect to see some improvements in my body? Thanks

Chris

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Chris, probably you have strong limitations in all the posterior chain. 

the first goal it is to restore this can up to an acceptable range of motion.

From the stretch course of the front split, you can obtain all the instruction to restore your situation.

Chris Wong

Thanks. so what is the fundamental course for? I think i can at least improve my mobility a bit though this. Sadly this course does not provide any alternative exercises for some who are not able to perform them at all.

  1. Does it mean that i should skip the fundamental and start the Stretch course? 
  2. Should i keep forcing myself to perform these exercises?
  3. Any advice?

thanks. Chris

Pauline Taube

Hi Chris,

I recommend to stick with the Fundamentals course and add the Stretch series to your schedule to further improve your flexibility. I think you will be able to scale most of the exercises in this course. 

For the stiff bear, you may start off just holding the static position. You can support your arms on a chair or slightly bend your legs to begin with. Feel free to submit a video of your attempt so that we can help you scale the exercises according to your current abilities :) 

Chris Wong

thanks so much