This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2 iM form check

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, October 16, 2017 · 3 Replies · 69 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi,

I'm wondering if I really understand how to place myself in this one.  How is it?

Thanks!

Benjamin Haas

From what I have seen from the coaches, it would be better for you to widen your grip on the bar to the point where you can lift your arms up to the final position (parallel with the floor).  Then work over time to narrow your grip until you make it to shoulder width.

I'm down to 2x shoulder width from 3x, so I have a ways to go but I can feel the progress.

Jeffrey Bittner

Great suggestions from @Benjamin Haas. He is exactly right. First work on elevating the shoulders to 90 degrees. Then work on bringing the hands closer together. Once you can extend the arms to 90 degrees with the hands at shoulder width, work on adding weight.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Will do! Thanks guys :)