This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2 and iM

Started by Aileen Van Boven, October 13, 2017 · 4 Replies · 223 Views

Aileen Van Boven

How is my form on these? Am I ready to progress to the next PE ?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hei Aileen,

i like the PE, it is good. on The IM you need to focus more on the range of motion; if ou cannot lift up to 90° of shoulder extension then the weight it is too much and/or the grip it is too narrow. REduce the amount of weight and the grip in order to show proper 90° of extension.

James Kesten
On 10/13/2017 at 6:28 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hei Aileen,

i like the PE, it is good. on The IM you need to focus more on the range of motion; if ou cannot lift up to 90° of shoulder extension then the weight it is too much and/or the grip it is too narrow. REduce the amount of weight and the grip in order to show proper 90° of extension.

Hey Alessandro, I'm confused on how to mark these workouts. I'm at HS PE2 Step 4. I can easily complete the headstands (Could do 3-4 times longer without any trouble) however I don't have the shoulder mobility to get to 90 with hands at shoulder width yet (+0 lbs). Should I mark this down as Too Easy? Too Hard? I see there is a Failed Mobility option. However I'd like to get more time in this position - keeping the iM at the current level means I'm only doing 10 second reps x 4 times in a week.

Just curious how best to proceed as I think it's going to be a long time before my shoulders open up and these headstands are super boring.

Thanks!
 

 

Jon Douglas

Simple;  do more shoulder extensions, or do them more often :)

If you're getting restless,  give yourself a period of handstand play after completing your assigned workout - treat it as a mandatory warmup until the shoulders open.

I do this in working at a lower level of H1 and H2 as the core of my HS development whilst at gymnastics classes I am working more advanced handstand skills. This helps me keep my mind on the task at hand while getting my fill of fun stuff :)

Jennifer Marie

I've found some of the shoulder stretches in the thoracic bridge stretch program very helpful for this iM. Shoulder extensions and walks, and the two cat stretches, for example.