This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2 and iM

Started by Aileen Van Boven, October 12, 2017 · 3 Replies · 85 Views

Aileen Van Boven

Can I get a form check on these please. Thank you

 

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Aileen,

Nice form on your push-ups! The only recommendation I can make is for you to control the descent so that you are in full control during the entire movement. You will need all the control you can get to succeed with the following progression :)

On your iM, range of motion looks great. Here are some tips to improve them further. On the way forward and up, bring your arm to full flexion and then internally rotate your shoulder to bring your arm behind you. When your arm is traveling behind you aim to control the descent by squeezing your shoulder blade towards your spine.

 

Aileen Van Boven

Thanks Mike I will work on slowing it down a little to have more control. And will work on squeezing the shoulder blade. Do you think that will help me with my scapula winging?  I have it a bit on the right side.

Mikey Cunanan

Aileen! 

It absolutely will. Protraction get strongly at the top of your push up will strengthen your serratus anterior. And retracting your scapula on the backward phase of the xiaopeng will help stretch it.

Both will help you fix scapular winging.