This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated bridge form check

Started by Chris Banul, October 11, 2017 · 14 Replies · 397 Views

Chris Banul

I've been doing the bridge series for a time now.  Just looking for a form check to tweek my progress.  Thanks in advance.

https://instagram.com/p/BaHWK6NFl5x/

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hei Chris, some tips for you:

-keep the neck neutral, you should feel the ears to the shoulders;

-lockout your elbows.

Chris Banul

Updating this video for form check and critique.  Any help is greatly appreciated 

Pauline Taube

Hi Chris,

Good job straightening out your legs and arms. 

I'd recommend to walk your feet a few steps further up on the stall bars and walk your hands a bit closer to the bars. This way it will get easier to get into the correct position and feeling the stretch the right places. You want to make sure that your shoulders are stacked over your wrists as you press your chest out. You should feel the stretch in your shoulders and upper back. 

Keep up the good work :)

Chris Banul

Thanks so much for the recommendations.  I will go up two bars on the stall bars next time.  Is it also safe to assume that I should Also go up two bars for the push ups and hip taps portions of the thoracic bridge series?  

Étienne Lajeunesse
9 minutes ago, Chris Banul said:

Also go up two bars for the push ups and hip taps portions of the thoracic bridge series?  

Hi Chris,

I would say yes since, either ways, it will help you on keeping your form.

Pauline Taube

Yes, Chris. Keeping the feet further up will help you keep the form as Étienne mention. It will however require more strength in the shoulder girdle :) 

Chris Banul

Hey, just thought I'd  make a short clip of me implementing the form changes to the backbend hold.  Any more advice would be awesome!!  Thanks in advance 

 

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Chris, 

You are definitely on the right track. Keep doing what you are doing. As you push your shoulders forward squeeze your shoulder blades together (protract) looks like you are doing that already so keep it up. 

Can't wait to see your upcoming progress. :)

Jin Liu

Nice improvement from in the last pic. I'd keep the feet at this lever and no lower, and emphasize on pushing the chest way out. Your goal is to have the back of you neck approximately directly on top of your wrists. I see your plates in the back ground, so you lift. If you do lifts that involve the overhead support, you probably know that the stable position is when the bar is directly on top of the back of your neck (not on top of your head, or worse, forehead), with highly engaged shoulder blades and trap. This position takes the load off your shoulders and transfers it onto the much bigger back muscles. Same idea when inverted. 

Chris Banul

This s my latest progress video.  Please feel free to offer any guidance,criticism,and advice.  Thanks in advance 

 

Chris Banul

Monthly form check for the elevated bridge.  Any suggestions, tips, and criticism is appreciated.  

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice progress here, lock out those knees.

Chris Banul

it's been awhile since I posted a form check on this thread.  I am not sure if I should continue at this height on the stall bars or not.  Please advise if I should stay the course or if I need to switch things up.  Thank you In advance

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work definitely, remember to keep the head in a position where it can follow the alignment of the spine.