This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Daily mobility/stabilization

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, October 11, 2017 · 6 Replies · 213 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hey coaches,

Would it be too much to do mobility/stability 2-3 times a week?  By that I mean weight mobility without weights for example.  So moving each joint ligthly in full ROM to increase strenght/stability.

Again would it be too demanding for the body?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Etiennè, it depends on what you mean with mobility/stability and depends on the intensity of the exercise.

Étienne Lajeunesse
8 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Etiennè, it depends on what you mean with mobility/stability and depends on the intensity of the exercise.

Hi Alessandro, 

Really light exercises, like xiaopeng without weight or iMs from SLS... strength mobilities that keeps my joints active without getting them sore.

Alessandro Mainente

If you choose to perform low-intensity exercise it should be around the 20-30% of the normal workout intensity. not more.

generally speaking do not be overstressed about doing more more more more, in the future you can. now enjoy the suggested schedule.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Understood! I'm the kind of always wanting more, but I agree that sometimes more is like not enough. 

So, I'll keep to the usual training.

Thanks!

Mikey Cunanan

Etienne,

It may be useful to incorporate these exercises into your warm up routine. For example: Xiaopengs make a great warm up for upper body workouts.

But like Alessandro stated, it should not be strenuous

Étienne Lajeunesse

 

4 minutes ago, Mikey Cunanan said:

Etienne,

It may be useful to incorporate these exercises into your warm up routine. For example: Xiaopengs make a great warm up for upper body workouts.

But like Alessandro stated, it should not be strenuous

Hey Mikey,

They're already part of my warm-up.  I was just looking for ways to do more.  But, like I said, more is not always better!  But thanks anyway :)