This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progress stalls, train more often?

Started by Stefan Broeder, October 10, 2017 · 1 Replies · 133 Views

Stefan Broeder

Hi!

I'm doing Strecth series and F1 for almost 5 months now. I've definitely made progress, but it looks like I'm stalled with F1:

FL: PE1/4
SL: PE1/6
MN: PE1/5

SLS: PE4/7 (this one is still progressing. I was used to squatting 5*5*70kg before I started GBT)

HBP: PE2/4
RC: PE2/3
sPL: PE1/4

I'm still at PE1 with all of my core exercises after 20 weeks of following the program (took only 2 weeks off). I'm very consistent with the schedule, following the one as suggested by Coach:

Mon: Core
Tue: MS
Wed: LB + FS
Thu: UB
Fri: TB

My nutrition is good (3* 30g protein per day), and sleep is adequate. Only reason I think I might not progress is that I'm not training enough. So I was wondering if I could double the F1 work, for example, adding Core on Friday, LB on Saturday and UB on Sunday, to hit them all twice per week instead of only once. Of course keeping the Stretch work unaltered.

Any thoughts on this idea - and my progress in general?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Stefan I'll try to write something more extended here for you about the stall point.

when we try to improve on something we need to consider multiple factors which can be a problem for the progress in a certain exercise. one of this case it is the resistance made by some muscles against the one we wanna train. for example during hollow body hold , if our lower and middle trap are too high we will have a very bad life on progressing. another example it is the plank on the elbow. if our hips flexor like psoas are too strong and too tight we will have much more troubles.

Said that my suggestion it is to take always notes about:

-training sets x reps/seconds that you have done

-always remind with a number from 0-10 how much difficult was the element

-every time you train when you have the same result in the following session you need to check if the number from 0-10 it is the same, in this case, we can talk about stall point.

-if not you are still optimizing the effort and this is good.

-if you are in the stall point I suggest adding an additional set at the end of the prescribed number of set and the following session test again on the prescribed number of sets.

-if nothing happens you can evaluate to add one more session in the week for the particular exercise where you are experimenting no improvements.

I HOPE it helps!