I started Foundation 1 last March and I am moving very slowly through it, which is absolutely fine for me. However, I am finding it difficult to keep up with the schedule if I split up the parts and have to do 2 days of Foundation plus the three stretches. I do all three Stretch Series up to what I can do for each one, once per week. Is is ok to do all of the Foundation 1 (upper, lower, core) in one day? I don't feel like it would be too difficult at this time since I am at lower PEs for all. This would free up my tight schedule some and I feel like I would end up doing them more regularly, since sometimes I have to skip sessions per week if daily life gets in the way. I also have handstand, but I can barely do a headstand so might just work on the wrist progressions for now until my core strength catches up.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Scheduling
Started by Laurie Donaldson, October 8, 2017 · 9 Replies · 187 Views
Hi @Laurie Donaldson,
Foundation 7 is very doable within a day if you feel that your body can take it. Some people, me included, do it 2-3 times a week. I would say try it and see how it feels like ![]()
Have you thought about doing Upper, Lower, and Core each paired with a stretch right after it? That would cut you down to just 3 days of working out per week.
Doing all Foundations elements in just one day depends on the person. For me is way too much. Too much stress for the same day. I m a slow recovery guy and strecht courses suposse in my case also a big stress on my body, specially hamstrings stretches and bridge work. Try different schedules and see how it goes.
My usual split is 3 elements one day, 4 the next. My "F7", or all elements in one day (usually if I can't do the usual 3/4 split) is to do 3 in the morning, 4 in the afternoon or evening. Never done a full F7, but have done an F6.1:6 elements + one set to finish off an element started the previous day (failed the last set and was running late for work).
14 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:Hi @Laurie Donaldson,
Foundation 7 is very doable within a day if you feel that your body can take it. Some people, me included, do it 2-3 times a week. I would say try it and see how it feels like
Etienne, how much time does it take you to complete the F7 session (and on which level progressions are we talking about)?
1 hour ago, Janno Rillo said:Etienne, how much time does it take you to complete the F7 session (and on which level progressions are we talking about)?
Hey Janno,
It takes me around 1h30 to 2h00 depending on the intensity I put in.
I'm just at the first PE's, my furthest one is PE5.
I do warm-up, training and cooldown.
22 hours ago, Laurie Donaldson said:Is is ok to do all of the Foundation 1 (upper, lower, core) in one day?
Absolutely ![]()
22 hours ago, Laurie Donaldson said:I also have handstand, but I can barely do a headstand so might just work on the wrist progressions for now until my core strength catches up.
Continue to at least work on HS/PE1and HS/PE1>iM. Do your best and please send in form checks if you are having trouble.
I will continue to do the handstand PE1s. Oddly, I can do a headstand better than the tripod. I have a short torso and long legs for my height (I am 5'3" but have a 31inch inseam), so sometimes my legs get in my way, haha. Same for pikes and straddles! But yes, I will continue to try. Honestly, I am a bit shy about sharing video of this 58 year old body, but I'll work on it. Thanks for all the ideas, folks. Right now, my PEs are low like Etienne's so I will try the F7, but I like the idea of combining one of the Upper, Lower, Core with each stretch as well. I'll try out both for a week or two and see how it goes.
Thanks, everyone, for the great tips!