This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sls

Started by Kirsten Stewart, October 7, 2017 · 9 Replies · 147 Views

Kirsten Stewart

Hi I have a question. Still working on keeping my feet completely together as you can see as well as getting my body weight forward enough to keep my balance. If I put a five pound weight in my hand I can do them with feet together. Should I do that or just continue working on it without the weight? Or other advice? Thanks!!!!! 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for your submission. Nice work here! I'd suggest to keep working on these without weight. Keep working on keeping the tuck while rolling backwards, try pulling your knees towards your chest.

Looking forward to see your progress towards single leg squats :D

Kirsten Stewart

Thanks Pauline! Will do!

Greg White

I found with these it helped to roll back more towards the shoulders as it creates more momentum when rolling forward. Also to really reach forward (imagine you are pulling a piece of rope to pull yourself onto your feet) with the arms and chest when the feet are touch the ground.

Leo Trinidad

Hi Kirsten,

Keep working on it. Also the Front Split Course will help with your ankles. Overall not bad.

Kirsten Stewart

I think I’m a little closer...

 

Kirsten Stewart

Here are my skiers 

thank you !!!!

Pauline Taube

Hi Kirsten,

Your deck squats are definitely getting better. Try to keep the tuck as you roll on to your back rather than using too much momentum with your legs to get up. 

Nice work on the skiers. Try to stop slightly further up, you want to keep your hips at the same height as your knees :) 

 

Étienne Lajeunesse
9 hours ago, Kirsten Stewart said:

I think I’m a little closer...

 

A good tip I had for this one is to keep everything - I mean everything! from fingers to toes - tight and solid on the roll.  It helps for the form and keeps it smooth.

Kirsten Stewart

Thanks you guys. For this exercise can we use our hands to help us a little bit or do you guys recommend aiming for pure compression strength to stay tucked? Thanks again for your time!