This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Relationship Between Strength and Mobility exercises

Started by Paul Bassett, October 7, 2017 · 1 Replies · 119 Views

Paul Bassett

I've been searching the forums for threads on why certain mobility exercises were partnered with particular strength exercises.  Some feel self-explanatory such as the lat stretches in the pulling section.

I suppose the abduction exercise partnered with the scapular press ups prepare for a wide leg planche...

Other's I'm not sure about such as the press up partnered mobility  

Just wondered.  I'm a PT and I've been including mobility between sets for clients.  I'd like to design some unique to my clients plans.

 

cheers

Paul

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Paul,

The mobility drills paired with the Hollow Back Press progressions are designed to improve the mobility of your basic shoulder mobility. The shoulders are worked hard in GST, especially in your upper body workouts, so that category of mobility drills is especially important. Here is the link to the intro article where Coach explains why he's integrated the mobility the way he has: https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/f-im/