This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE2 iM Hip clunk

Started by Christopher Hancox, October 5, 2017 · 4 Replies · 115 Views

Christopher Hancox

Hi, 

I have been getting a clunking (not a click) in my hip whilst performing trunk circles. It happens in my left hip when I am rotating through with my hips to the left. It happens in both directions. Kind of feels like a muscle or tendon is jumping over a bone in my hip. 

Anyone have any experience with this? It's not really painful, just uncomfortable and annoying. I'd like to sort it before continuing with this mobility.

Cheers,

Chris

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Christopher Hancox,

I have experienced similar things like clunking, clicking, cracking and crunching sounds in my wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, ankles. As long as their is no pain involved, I am not worried. Most of them go away after some time. I am just sharing my experience but it would be best to hear from an expert. :)

Tom Durham

I'm no expert either but all of my joints make all sorts of noises in the mobility sessions, hips definitely clunk with occasional thud and pop!

I take a similar approach in that it doesn't hurt so no harm done. I've taken to embracing them as a sign that I'm loosening up and gaining ROM rather than fretting as I was previously! 

Christopher Hancox

Thanks for the input guys. I too have the usual clicks and pops from most of my joints, but this feels different and has just started to get more noticeable. I have a feeling it may be an imbalance in hip muscles. I think a trip to the physio might be in order just to make sure.

Christopher Hancox

Ok, I have noticed that during deck squats and skiers, I am now getting an impingement type feeling in the front of my hip. I am almost certain that it's related to the hip clunk.

If I stretch my quad/hip flexor, I can feel the same kind of thing in the front of the hip along with the stretch. Not really painful, but definately noticeable.

Does this make it any clearer as to what it might be. Any of the coaches heard of this before.

Trying to fix this myself at the moment whilst waiting for NHS physio to arrange an appointment.