Officially started on these. Yay! How does it look? I tried not to internally rotate the shoulder at the bottom. So this seems to be the lowest I can hang. I can probably pull a bit higher if my arms are not as tired as they are today..
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jin Liu, October 4, 2017 · 4 Replies · 158 Views
Officially started on these. Yay! How does it look? I tried not to internally rotate the shoulder at the bottom. So this seems to be the lowest I can hang. I can probably pull a bit higher if my arms are not as tired as they are today..
Super, Jin!
Keep working at the height of your pull and I see you drop into the bottom position a bit. Slow and steady through out the full range of motion. ![]()
Ideally, you should be able to relax and still avoid a full internal rotation. Did you remember when during the one arm hang you were not able to avoid the rotation? this means that some work on pec and lats could be done in order to avoid internal rotation.
Any ideas on specific stretches that will help with this movement? I feel like I did fine with the previous movements, but this one seems to irritate my rotator cuff area at the bottom of the movement. Does anyone else have this problem?
Your problem is pretty common. usually too much tendency of the upper arm to internally rotate in the socket. there is not the main reason but a combination of. is the problem persists means that the limitation is still presented, a PT should be able to identify it.