Hi,
Can I have your opinion on my iM perfomance? I feel that I am tighter on the left side. Should I continue working on it before moving on? ( I am on step 9) If so, do you have any tips to improve my mobility?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Dominic Laporte, October 2, 2017 · 3 Replies · 55 Views
Hi,
Can I have your opinion on my iM perfomance? I feel that I am tighter on the left side. Should I continue working on it before moving on? ( I am on step 9) If so, do you have any tips to improve my mobility?
Hi Dominic,
Go ahead and stay on this progression while you work on improving your iM. Like you said, your left side is quite a bit tighter than your right. Stretching the outside of your leg in a sideways lunge will help you to loosen up before doing this mobility exercise. As you lift your leg you are picking up some pike in your hips. Work on keeping your hips completely straight as you lift your leg. Nice work so far!
I have notice that if I am more PPT, my range motion is greatly reduce. When raising the leg, should it be complety lateral to the hips or I need to have a slight rotation in the hips?
@Jeffrey Bittner @Everett Carroll
Hey Dominic,
Great question. Keeping PPT might reduce your ROM initially, however, as your ROM improves, it will improve in the correct plane of movement. As you raise the leg to the side, keep it lateral to your body. Avoid rotating the hips.