This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Supplementary weights

Started by Nathaniel McAdoo, October 1, 2017 · 4 Replies · 149 Views

Nathaniel McAdoo

Does anyone here use weights to supplewment their GST work? Whether it be unilateral db work (to shore up imbalances), or some kb swings for posterior chain work, etc. Does anybody incorporate this into their weekly training? Would this be beneficial. I have foundations, HS, MS, and FS but am still relatively early on in progressions

 

Oscar Riaño

I don't have any of the courses, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think that at some point you will work on weighted mobility. What strength concerns, I believe that you don't need weights to supplement GST work until you finish Foundations, besides perhaps some kb swings for lower back, which is related to planche work. 

Good luck man :D

Everett Carroll

To work on imbalances, I have been performing weighted or banded drills in addition to my GST. Besides that, the GB Curriculum is plenty to keep you busy and strong!

Alessandro Mainente

Weights can be added to your routine at the end of foundations 4 and when a specific work on the rings it is the biggest part of your routine. for basic strenght, you should focus only on foundations exercises.

Michael Knight

I've used high rep dumbbell curls before to help flush elbows I find they feel better afterwards and helps with recovery.