- this was my first go at PE3 and was curious how I can improve. Should I aim for my toes to be directly above my head?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
PE3
Started by Ryan Segervall, October 1, 2017 · 10 Replies · 99 Views
Nice control, Ryan!
Your toes does not need to be directly above your head as long as you keep a nice straight body line. You really want to engage your core and glutes to keep the line and also point your toes hard (as always)
3 hours ago, Pauline Taube said:Nice control, Ryan!
Your toes does not need to be directly above your head as long as you keep a nice straight body line. You really want to engage your core and glutes to keep the line and also point your toes hard (as always)
![]()
Got it thanks! One thing I notoriously do is try to get into PPT to engage my core but then my hips pike in result. Trying to keep working at this to get a better line. Any tips? or is it one of those things that will just come with practice
Hi @Ryan Segervall,
As you engage your core and try to keep your posterior pelvic tilt, you must lengthen your body upwards. Also if you have the front split series, mobility will help open your hips more. I hope this helps.
1 hour ago, Leo Trinidad said:Hi @Ryan Segervall,
As you engage your core and try to keep your posterior pelvic tilt, you must lengthen your body upwards. Also if you have the front split series, mobility will help open your hips more. I hope this helps.
Yes this is helpful, been on the front split series for almost a year now. Would a good example of this PPT while lengthening be hanging from a bar with a strong PPT while keeping your feet underneath you, rather than letting them come out in front?
Hi @Ryan Segervall,
Spot on! It would help but hanging is different from being upside down.
- here is my most recent attempt. I can do 5x60s holds no problem but dont know if this is considered mastery for this progression
Nice work, Ryan! Your ribs are sticking out a little bit as you hold. Engage your core to keep them pulled in. Engaging your core will also help with stability. Other than that, things look good. Great job!
On 10/11/2017 at 12:02 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:Nice work, Ryan! Your ribs are sticking out a little bit as you hold. Engage your core to keep them pulled in. Engaging your core will also help with stability. Other than that, things look good. Great job!
I've kept what you said in mind over the past couple weeks. How does this look?
Awesome job, Ryan! It looks good!
7 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Awesome job, Ryan! It looks good!
Thanks! Im going to go ahead and move onto the next PE. This one feels real solid. I will continue to practice them on my spare time in order to keep drilling in body awareness when upside down