This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Modification for Bridge

Started by Kevin Moss, September 30, 2017 · 8 Replies · 147 Views

Kevin Moss

I can't yet get into a full bridge position so I can't complete a lot of the Thoracic Bridge stretch series.  What modification exercises can I do to work so I can work my way into a bridge?

Alessandro Mainente

HI Kevin the bridge can be scaled by moving the feet higher without problems. it is not required to show the same form as in the video in the first attempt.

Kevin Moss

Thanks Alessandro - the problem might be a strength one.  I have a video, is there any way for me to send it so you can take a look?

Pauline Taube

Hi Kevin,

feel free to upload a video of your attempt on a platform such as YouTube or Dropbox and copy paste the link. 

It's completely normal to not be able to perform the entire series to begin with. The final exercises are quite advanced and as your strength and mobility improve they will be easier :) 

Tanya Hill

Hi Kevin, 

Nice effort. You are so close to puching up all the way. Here is what I recommend.

Move your hips a little bit away from the stall bar and start with your feet on the second rail. This will allow you for more room to push up, once you get up if you feel comfortable you can walk your feet up to the higher rails. 

Here with in the next few tries I know you will be up in bridge. Gains only come with practice. :)

 

 

Kevin Moss

Thank you Tanya.  How many times a week should I do each stretch series?

Pauline Taube

Hi Kevin,

each of the Stretch series should be performed once a week. You may pick a couple of stretches you are having difficulties with and do these daily with less intensity than you would during the Stretch series :) 

Tanya Hill

Pauline nailed that one for you, Kevin.