Dear all
I was wondering if anyone had any experience recovering from a clavicle injury.
I fractured my clavicle 2 years ago after being hit by a car. It has healed well with minimal shortening and no residual skeletal issues. Unfortunately it has left my right shoulder with some muscular imbalances and postural issues. I am primarily a climber and too much time spent pulling, shortening of the lats, and not enough chest opening, along with the usual 21st century issues of too much time at a computer mean my shoulders have probably always been a bit internally rotated / rounded. The additional effect of 6 weeks in a sling have meant my right shoulder is slightly depressed, internally rotated and pulled forward by very tight subscapularis and pec minor.
I have just recently started gymnastics bodies foundation series and thoracic bridge. I am greatly looking forward to correcting these mobility issues and strength imbalances. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with similar injuries, any progressions to particularly focus on, anything to be wary of etc. Specific stretches and mobility drills are welcomed.
My goal is to be able to climb injury free in the long term, and ensure balanced shoulder girdle development with the use of gymnastics bodies progressions.
Many thanks for any advice
Max