This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Overtrained push-ups

Started by Jared Bolger, September 30, 2017 · 1 Replies · 60 Views

Jared Bolger

Hi Guys,

My name is Jared and I am new to GB.

I've been working the fundamentals series of exercises , just about to start block four.

Just looking for some advice, I had my own exercise routine that I would follow and it included a lot of push-ups.

Since giving it a rest, I am now experiencing a bit of pain in my left arm joints - wrist, elbow but particulary my shoulder. I've been experiencing the discomfort/pain for almost a fortnight now, it's not constant but comes and goes.

Should I just rest it or are there some good remedial exercises I can do?

 

I wouldn't be the only one to have over done push-ups I bet.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Jared, welcome to GB. Well, one wonderful thing about our body it is that it tells us when we are doing too much.

The Very simple advice here, stop for 4-6 days and see how it goes. if the problems it is going to solve do not worry too much. then when came back you need to consider to buy foundations which has more structured work for you!