I'm not at this PE yet, just playing with the mobility. I've noticed my body rotates way more when I hang with the left hand than with the right hand. Anything I can do to fix that? Also, I'd really appreciate if you could form check my video.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jin Liu, September 30, 2017 · 5 Replies · 144 Views
I'm not at this PE yet, just playing with the mobility. I've noticed my body rotates way more when I hang with the left hand than with the right hand. Anything I can do to fix that? Also, I'd really appreciate if you could form check my video.
Hi Jin, there could be 3 problems here:
-wrist pronators which are very strong especially the one next to the wrist.
-lats and pec as the complex which internally rotates the upper arm
-subscapularis and teres major as the complex which internally rotates the upper arm by acting on the scapulae.
You need to see what can be the cause, it could be one or both.
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Hi Jin, there could be 3 problems here:
-wrist pronators which are very strong especially the one next to the wrist.
-lats and pec as the complex which internally rotates the upper arm
-subscapularis and teres major as the complex which internally rotates the upper arm by acting on the scapulae.
You need to see what can be the cause, it could be one or both.
Thanks @Alessandro Mainente. How do I go about testing each hypothesis separately?
Just a gut feeling, I don't think the left wrist pronator is causing this. Because my left arm is the weaker one in general, so it's less likely to have a stronger wrist pronator. I feel #2 & #3 are equally likely. The rotation originates from the upper arm, closer to the shoulders. Another gut feeling, I feel the force of rotation on both sides when I switch hands, but with my right arm, the stronger one, I'm able to counter/control it better. It's the feeling of being in control with my right arm, and uncertain with my left one. Not sure if you can see that kind of difference from the video...
I just realized I had my first and last set reversed in the video. My first set actually starts at the 49sec mark. Right hand first, no problem. Then I switch to the left hand, huge rotation out of control. Then I worked on controlling it better along the sets. In my last set (4th) which starts from the beginning of this video, it looks kinda better, but my body still rotates..
Probably when hanging the lat it is the biggest problem.
24 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Probably when hanging the lat it is the biggest problem.
Like the left lats may be too tight? I'll foam roll both sides next time before the hang, and see how it goes.
Exactly.