Technical pointer needed for FL and BL

Started by Guest, March 19, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,137 Views

Guest

Hi guys,

I'm in need of a quick technical pointer for FL and BL :D

When performing tuck FL/BL, is it desirable to keep the chest 'neutral' or is it allowed to cave in slightly during FL and push out during BL (like what happens during inlocates/dislocates)? Actually, my question is more concerned with shoulder position I guess: are they allowed to get into the inlocate/dislocate position or do you want to have tight, 'neutral' shoulders during the static hold?

Thanks a lot!!

iyaites

For the back lever, you should have a hollow body position. Dont relax! Push down with the hands actively and keep tension in your chest and abs.

Gregor

STRAIGHT BODY POSITION!!!

Push rings down in both positions.

Guest

Thanks Gregor, I am pushing down in both positions, don't worry :) I can hold them with straight shoulders but it's very easy for me to hang in the dislocated position in BL so if I don't focus I sometimes go a little too far.

Thanks again :D