This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Homemade Ricotta Cheese

Started by Oscar Riaño, September 28, 2017 · 0 Replies · 51 Views

Oscar Riaño

Hi Jeff, 

First of all, thank you for this awesome programme, I'm feeling super good and always ready for my training as I really get good recoveries. I'm a really big fan of homemade stuff. Lately I've been eating homemade ricotta cheese in order to fulfill the tasks breakfast fats and proteins. This is how I do it:

I heat up 3/4 gallon of fresh whole fat milk up to a very high temperature without boiling it. Then I pour in some white vinegar and stir it until I can clearly differentiate the curds from the whey. I filter the all mix with a clean dishtowel in order to stay with the curds and I press it a bit to remove the extra liquid of the cheese. I put it in a glass and refrigerate until I eat it next morning :D 

I've googled it and apparently it has 13grams of fat and 11grams of protein per 100grams of the cheese, while only 3 grams of carbs (and from those only 0,3gr of sugars) 

[From those measurements you'll get about 1/2 kilo (a bit more than 1 pound) of ricotta cheese. It is simple and it tastes light and psycologically better as you do it by yourself :P 

I usually eat some English scrambled eggs (with a bit of cream) and 1/4 of the cheese I prepared for breakfast. 

Jeff, is Ricotta cheese a good diary option? Thanks again for this programme, it really makes me feel like I'm achieving something cool and also simplifies my visits to the supermarket, as I already kinda planned what to eat :D 

Kind regards 

Oscar