This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question - set up

Started by Chan Angus, September 28, 2017 · 2 Replies · 92 Views

Chan Angus

Hi forum members 

I need to elevate myself with two blocks to hold this position. Terrible! I feel my back is limiting my position. 

Please share your view and advice with me. Thanks!

regards,

angus

IMG_2174.PNG

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Angus,

Sitting on a couple of blocks is a great way to start. Using a strap is also a great idea. I recommend sliding your hands further  back on the strap at first. As you stretch your pike, try to hit anterior pelvic tilt (APT). This should feel like you are arching your lower back. As you pull yourself closer to your feet, try to maintain APT.

Chan Angus
21 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Angus,

Sitting on a couple of blocks is a great way to start. Using a strap is also a great idea. I recommend sliding your hands further  back on the strap at first. As you stretch your pike, try to hit anterior pelvic tilt (APT). This should feel like you are arching your lower back. As you pull yourself closer to your feet, try to maintain APT.

Thanks very much. Keep working on