This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question - one leg against the wall

Started by Chan Angus, September 28, 2017 · 4 Replies · 132 Views

Chan Angus

Hi forum members,

i have no way to follow the same form as the video due to my mobility constraint.

is that okay I start from this set up?

i tried to make my one leg straight and push my heel on the floor while another leg keeps closer to the wall as much as I can. 

I feel less stretch one the bended knees' quads but so much on the straight leg's hamstring.

kindly please share your advices.

Regards,

Angus

IMG_2179.PNG

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Angus,

That's a super smart way to scale this exercise. As you do this stretch, keep focusing on straightening the bottom knee completely. As you become more flexibility move closer to the wall until the heel is touching. After that, work on getting the hands to the ground. It looks like you're doing a great job!

Jin Liu

One more thing, I think it'd be more beneficial to straighten the back, esp. the lower back, at this range instead of rounding it. A straight back will increase the stretch in the glutes and hamstring. As your range increases, your back will eventually round at the end of the range (like head to shin), but hopefully not too much.

Chan Angus
18 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Angus,

That's a super smart way to scale this exercise. As you do this stretch, keep focusing on straightening the bottom knee completely. As you become more flexibility move closer to the wall until the heel is touching. After that, work on getting the hands to the ground. It looks like you're doing a great job!

Thanks very much. Great to hear that my setting is okay. I will do that 3 times a week. Hopefully I can share with you guys some progress

Chan Angus
1 hour ago, Jin Liu said:

One more thing, I think it'd be more beneficial to straighten the back, esp. the lower back, at this range instead of rounding it. A straight back will increase the stretch in the glutes and hamstring. As your range increases, your back will eventually round at the end of the range (like head to shin), but hopefully not too much.

Thanks very much. That's very helpful. In fact, that's exactly what I was suspecting i may not do it right - because I feel pressure on lower back. Probably I need something taller to support, instead of using the small blocks.