This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1 + Handstand: Frequency of Training per Week?

Started by John Pushor, September 26, 2017 · 1 Replies · 196 Views

John Pushor

Hi,  I've just recently started Foundation 1 & Handstands, and i'm wondering what the prescribed frequency is per week?  I realize it's dependent mostly on each individual, but my concern is around over/under-training and how best to maximize the program(s).  I have been doing crossfit for a couple of years and am fairly fit, but wanted to try GST out, and my hope is to do it exclusively for 90 days (minimum, to start).  So I'd like to train as much as possible per week in order to maximize results.  That said, I don't want to over train (or under train).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ideally, I'd like to work out 5 days a week with most of the days being Mon-Fri.  I'm wondering how best to manage Foundation & Handstands in that timeframe with that frequency.

Thanks!

Pauline Taube

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend to begin by doing the Foundation workout once a week at least for a couple of weeks before adding another workout. You may start of with the Handstand course twice a week. Doing more will not necessary speed your progress. Most important in the beginning is to get familiar with techniques and new movement patterns as well as testing how well you recover between your sessions. Everyone are different and as you advance with your training, your may change your schedule according to recovery, needs and time availability :)