This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

LARS straps

Started by Mark Schoenhard, September 26, 2017 · 10 Replies · 276 Views

Mark Schoenhard

Four years ago when I started Foundations I was naïve thinking I would be able to cruise to Rings One. So I made a set of LARS straps and discovered as I started my Foundation journey that I would not need them for some time so I put them away. I am still quite a ways a way from starting Rings program, but wanted to start playing with some of the exercises. I found the four year old LARS straps today and when I tried them on I could barely get them halfway up the forearm. Have to wait a little longer before I custom a new pair.

Jin Liu

Are you saying the size of your forearm roughly doubled over the past few years through Foundation training? That's impressive! Gotta be the rope climbing. 

I'm waiting for the day to start R1 too! 

Mark Schoenhard
2 hours ago, Jin Liu said:

Are you saying the size of your forearm roughly doubled over the past few years through Foundation training? That's impressive! Gotta be the rope climbing. 

I'm waiting for the day to start R1 too! 

Roughly, but yes.

Petri Widsten
14 minutes ago, Mark Schoenhard said:

Roughly, but yes.

I also noticed that the size of my forearms increased when I was training legless rope climbs before starting Foundation. Maybe because you have to grip so hard?

Mark Schoenhard
1 minute ago, Petri Widsten said:

I also noticed that the size of my forearms increased when I was training legless rope climbs before starting Foundation. Maybe because you have to grip so hard?

I play around with rope climbing, but I believe most of the increase has come from handstand and wrist strengthening, rope climb progressions and lately side lever SE's.

Petri Widsten

I believe in my case it was mainly the ropes and weighted pull/chin-ups. Probably all sort of heavy pulling and pushing will trigger growth.

Oussama KHELLADI

mark you can use and customize at your will the patch like in the picture below i bought them from the sewing tool store

i used them as straps and also to pull the weight plate like kettlebelle and i was surprised by how strong they are . 

StickyBack.png?itok=w4hTnJdZ

Travis Gordon

Aloha Folks!

What kind of straps are you all using?

Where did you purchase them?

Travis Gordon

Thank you Alessandro.

What about the forearm straps?

Alessandro Mainente

I use these. they are good because you can adjust the diameter by chocking the straps.