Hi, im going to be building myself a pull up bar that can be used to Hook my Xtreme rings up to. I might also add some form of dip station / parallel bars. So before I go and make it Im looking for some design tips.
What is a good height and width for the bar to be to use rings effectively ? (Im 1.7m tall if that makes a diff).
Im going to try and make it removable so I was thinking of short piece of square bar in the ground with concrete and then the uprights out of a smaller square bar that fits snug inside.
As for the parallel bars im thinking of making it so that I can just attach a lower bar between the uprights as one side and then some sort of feet on the other, suggestions welcome.
Whats a good diameter pipe for pullups ( does bigger helps with grip strength more ? )
As above but for the parallel bars.
I can build it above a section of concrete/ the lawn dunno if it makes much diff.
Is there something else im missing that could easily be built on/ incorporated at the same time ?
Here is a bad paint picture below of what I am planning.
A: Concrete
B: Square bar slightly larger than C
C: Square Bar
D: Round bar
E: Square bar welded to hold a removable cross bar
F: Dip/parallel bars
G: some sort of feet for the bars
My reach is 2.1 meters so say 2.3 for some leeway plus length of ring cable
In pics 1-3 what I am trying to figure out is do I need to make it so I can go from hanging to a handstand without adjusting the ring cable length (1) or make it so I can do either but have to change the cable length(2 and 3) .
If its 1 then I am guessing Ill need it to be 4.6 meters high which seems pretty high and gets me wondering if the whole design would be strong enough, it also makes it pretty hard to use for pullups without a ladder/ another lower removable bar( which in someways could be cool to change diameters with the swop of a pole).
As for width my arm span is about 1.6 -> 1.7 how much extra space ie how long should D be roughly ? I did see in another thread that width between the rings should be about 50cm.
How long should the parallel bars be ?
Any tips are welcome and once I get the design straight and build it Ill post some pics.








