This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

9 months of TBS

Started by Suzanna McGee, September 25, 2017 · 13 Replies · 422 Views

Suzanna McGee

Every Sunday night I do the Thoracic Bridge Stretch program… It's been 60 of them now, even though the "before" picture is taken much later than the original beginning, because I was not even able to get into the elevated bridge… From week to week, the progress seems so minuscule, but the compounded effect of these tiny progresses is pretty obvious. This is a nine months' difference... the shoulders are visibly much more open. Besides that, when I started the program, I thought I would die each session. Now, I look forward to it and it makes me feel nicely rehabbed. Consistency is the key. It doesn't matter how old (I am 52 now) or how "bad" you are when you start. As long as you start. And keep going…   



 

Thoracic Bridge 9 months.JPG

Jeffrey Bittner

Amazing progress, Suzanna! You're doing a great job. Thanks for sharing your success with us!

Mikey Cunanan

Woo hoo @Suzanna McGee

I know a lot of hard work and consistency went into the making of this very well executed thoracic bridge. Your dedication to your GB training definitely shows.

Im looking forward to seeing more progress from you.

Ryan Bailey

Great work!

Antonio Alías Montoya

Nice. I m still not able to get into the bridge after almost a year! I m working on my thoracic extension by itself a lot. Nevertheless I have improved in many stretches and my shoulders feel better. I dream with the day I ll be able to get into the bridge...

Jennifer Marie

Wonderful progress Suzanna, thanks for sharing this! It's so true. The changes are small, week by week, but they culminate into inspirational before and after pictures. Congratulations on all the hard work.

Aaron Hadwyn

this is awesome to see and hear. im super struggling with the bridge mobility, everything else seems ok. did you do anything extra to crack into the start of bridge work?

Tanya Hill

Hi Aaron,

The ones who struggle most avoid bridge or opt out. Keep going at it. The inverted cat stretch in the Bridge series I do everyday to keep my shoulders opening little by little. You can definitely add that into your daily routine. :)

Suzanna McGee
On 10/29/2017 at 1:38 PM, Aaron Hadwyn said:

this is awesome to see and hear. im super struggling with the bridge mobility, everything else seems ok. did you do anything extra to crack into the start of bridge work?

In the beginning, I just "suffered" through the entire series… at that time I was doing the stretches in the gym and didn't have a good signal, so I did not follow the video. I measured my own time and took long(er) breaks between the stretches (while moaning and groaning and crying, ha ha). The elevated bridges, I had to do the easy version standing… And it just got slightly better week by week, until one day I started to do the series at home where I was able to do the follow along video and follow it without longer breaks. Similarly like Tanya, I do like to do the Elevated Cat daily. It just feels really good. I am aware that I still have a long way ahead, because all the elevated bridges, I still need to use the rubber band to get myself up into the position. Slow progress at this age (52), but a progress for sure. Just be disciplined with your consistency and you WILL improve. 

Laurie Donaldson
20 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:

The elevated bridges, I had to do the easy version standing…

Could you explain what you mean by the "easy version standing?"  I can do up to the bridges and can do the very last one against a wall, though certainly not anywhere near the floor (more like maybe to waist high). I'd love to know how you scaled this.

Suzanna McGee

@Laurie Donaldson if you go to your exercise library, you will find modifications for the hard exercises/stretches. The elevated bridge push-ups, hip-taps, etc can be done standing (and leaning backwards). That's how I did it for long time. 

Matthias Schwartz

Hi @Suzanna McGee could you possibly post the link or description on how to get to the page where the bridge work modifications are shown? I can't find them in the course library. 

Thanks!

Matt

Suzanna McGee
15 hours ago, Matthias Schwartz said:

Hi @Suzanna McGee could you possibly post the link or description on how to get to the page where the bridge work modifications are shown? I can't find them in the course library. 

Oh, look, it's not there anymore… I guess they changed the library when the new system rolled out. I wrote my notes back in time when I started the TBS, to bring them to the gym with me… and for example this is one of the "easier" versions… same for the holding the bridge, or hip taps… you just do them standing. It's much less weight on your arms.

 

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 12.15.05 PM.png

Matthias Schwartz

Thanks @Suzanna McGee, that's perfect!