This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing single pike form check

Started by Jin Liu, September 24, 2017 · 5 Replies · 142 Views

Jin Liu

How does this look? Not sure if i'm getting it.. Where am I supposed to feel the most stretch? I feel some in the hammy of the standing leg. But at the end of the hold, I feel more burn in the shoulders, esp upper traps, than stretch in the legs. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

 

 

Jin Liu

Hmm, by looking at my previous video, I think my standing foot is too far from my body, causing me to press really hard through the shoulders for support. I tried again with that foot closer to the body and further away from the wall. Now I feel more stretch in the standing leg, and less support needed from the hands. Is this better? Is the standing leg supposed to be that far away from the wall?

 

Jin Liu

Ugh, I'm an idiot who apparently did not know to check the technique & tip video where everything is explained. Please form check this video.  Sorry for the confusion.

 

Alessandro Mainente

The second video, if you feel the weight on the heel it is the best idea.

Jin Liu
38 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The second video, if you feel the weight on the heel it is the best idea.

Thanks Alessandro. But is the end goal to have the supporting foot and leg right against the wall? Or does it not matter as long as your weight is on the heel?

Alessandro Mainente

As you compress the heel on the butt you can still hold the weight on the heel because you move closer to the wall with the hips. Then if you want to stretch more the calves you can lean a bit forward, but it is something more reserved who has already developed a decent range of motion.