This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training schedule

Started by Giulio Michelusi, September 23, 2017 · 2 Replies · 149 Views

Giulio Michelusi

Hi, this is my first post. I've bought today all the foundation courses and I'm very excited to start this journey!

Before, a little introduction..

I'm 1.89  high and I weight 91 kg(200 pounds). I've been training for a long time, in various disciplines: climbing, swimming, weightlifting, running etc etc... I would like to train all the foundation parts,stretch and handstand.

I've been trying the foundation training for five months now, a friend shows me some exercise, so I've now decided to buy it. In this period of time, I couldn't find the perfect TRAIN/REST balance. After every workout I felt like I had to do something more to complete my training. So I had to hang to the bar and start to do pullups, bench press etc...Is that a mistake? Should I only do the exercises of the foundation? I wonder if adding something could be beneficial or not. 

Moreover,  I train 5/6 times a week, because I have the sensation that I won't grow if I train less. What would you do? Wich type of schedule would you do for foundation, stretch and handstand work?

Thank you

Giulio

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Giulio,

Welcome the the GymnasticBodies community!

The Foundation workouts are designed to start at a low level of difficulty. This is meant to allow your body time to adjust to the new exercises. As you progress, your workouts will increase in both difficulty and duration.

I highly recommend using Coach Sommer's recommended workout schedule which can be found at the top of your 'Workout Dashboard'. Coach's schedule will help you to balance all of your course training while allowing your body adequate time to rest and recover.

It is okay to do some supplemental weight work in addition to GST, however, I suggest making GST a priority. If you train correctly, there will be little need for much, if any, additional work.

Giulio Michelusi

Thank you very much!! I'll keep that in mind ;)

 

Giulio