This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Daily thoracic limber

Started by Valerie Morwood, September 23, 2017 · 3 Replies · 166 Views

Valerie Morwood

My upper back feels like an unyielding wall. I have done the thoracic bridge series every week since January, but mobility progress seems slow. So, I am looking for a thoracic specific limber that I can do daily. Anyone have something like this? What, specifically, do you do?

Pauline Taube

Hi Valerie,

You can create a daily limbering routine with the following stretches from the series: TBSSE6-7, TBSSE9, TBSSE12 and TBSSE15. Make sure to keep the intensity lower than you would when performing the entire series :) 

Valerie Morwood

Thanks. That sound good. I always feel so loose after the first part of the series (up until the elevated bridge) but my thoracic area is pretty tired by the end. So, those will probably be good.

 

 

Jon Douglas

Though I'm not much into foam rolling the exception to my skepticism is this area; I always roll/stretch over the roller in my daily warmup. Over time this has helped my bridging also.